While Gmail, the Google email service, is quite reliable, you will still may want to download important business correspondence to the computer’s disk drive. Gmail Backup is really a program made specifically for this purpose, however it is buggy and not appropriate for Windows 7, since it has not been updated since 2009. At the time of this writing, the easiest way to save Google email messages is by using your desktop email program, since Gmail uses the standard POP3 mail system. Thunderbird, which is free, and Microsoft Outlook, which happens to be included when you purchase Microsoft Office, both are an easy task to configure for Save emails to PDF.
1. Launch Gmail and log in together with your usual account information. Wait an additional or two for your mailbox to look at.
2. Click on the icon of the gear over a white background located at the right-hand corner from the mailbox page to start the principle settings prompt. Select “Settings” within the pull-down menu that appears.
3. Click on the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab within the Settings page. It will be the fifth tab in the left.
4. Scroll right down to the Pop Download section of the page, which is the second section through the top. Check either the best radio button marked “Enable POP for many Mail (even mail that’s already been downloaded)” or perhaps the one right under it marked “Enable POP for Mail that Arrives from Now On” based upon whether you wish to download and save old messages in your computer.
5. Find the option that may be handiest for you personally inside the pull-down menu underneath the radio boxes which is marked: “When messages are accessed with POP.” Keeping the default choice of “Keep Gmail’s Copy from the Inbox” is truly the most convenient choice. Alternately, you can choose “Mark Gmail’s Copy as Read,” “Archive Gmail’s Copy” or “Delete Gmail’s Copy,” depending on how you would like the copy that continues to be inside your Gmail box to be handled.
6. Click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
7. Launch your email client and open the prompt which you use to incorporate a whole new account. Click “Local Folders” within the left-hand column of your home page of Thunderbird after which click “Give A New Account.” Alternately, click “File” accompanied by “Info” and after that click on the “Add Account” prompt that is marked having a plus sign and located toward the top of the Outlook information page.
8. If using Thunderbird, type the requested information for Server in the respective text fields in the window that appears. Go through the “Continue” prompt and enable the automatic account setup to verify the account settings. If using Outlook, click on the “Manually Configure Server or Additional Server Types” radio t0PDF at the end in the Microsoft Outlook account window and stick to the directions in Steps 9 and 10.
9. Click “Next” at the bottom from the account information box in Outlook. Wait another for that “Choose Service” dialog box to look. Click “Next” again after confirming that this Internet E-mail default radio box is ticked from the Choose Service dialog box and wait an additional for the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box to appear. Enter all of the information for the Gmail account from the respective fields. Enter “pop.gmail.com” as being the incoming mail server and “smtp.gmail.com” as being the outgoing mail server. Enter your whole email address, including “@gmail.com,” in the “User Name” field.
10. Select the “More Settings” button on the lower right-hand side from the dialog box and wait an additional for the Internet E-mail Settings box to show up. Go through the “Outgoing Server” tab and after that examine the box marked “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.” Check the default “Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server” radio box and click “OK.” Click” Next” and wait several seconds for that system to send and receive test email messages. Click “Close” from the test message box combined with “Finish” from the main dialog box to go back to the primary Outlook window.
11. Download the mail to your new account by selecting “Send/Receive.” All emails that you download are held in the mail folder on your hard disk drive.